Monday, January 19, 2015

Il Etait Un Vernis: License to Polish Collection

Good morning!  I've got five great polishes to show you today from a new-to-me indie brand from France, Il Etait Un Vernis.  These five polishes make up their newest collection, License to Polish.  


Let's take a look!
With the exception of one (which I'll explain when I get to), all of these polishes had the same formula and application.  The polishes were pretty much opaque after just one easy coat, but for all the swatches I added a second coat, because that extra coat added a lovely layer of depth and made the colours more rich and vibrant.

Something to Remember is a beautiful taupe/mauve shade with a shy holographic finish and a lovely pink shimmer.



Drop Dead Gorgeous is a rich chocolate brown holo with a slight coppery shimmer that gives it a nice glow.  



We Want You for NPA Army is a cool moss green shade with a holographic finish.  



Juggling Glass Balls is unique from the rest of the polishes in that it can either be worn alone or used as a topper.  It's a clear base loaded with silver holo particles.  It's quite sheer, but I build it up to opacity here in three thin coats.  This is lovely on it's own, but I think this would also look great as a topper over lots of polishes. 



In Teal We Trust is an amazingly rich shade of dark teal holo with a glowing shimmer. 



You can view the License to Polish Collection on the Il Etait Un Vernis website here.  You can purchase these polishes through the online store here, and they do ship internationally (info here) from France.  You can also keep up-to-date with the brand on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest

I should also mention that the polishes came beautifully packaged in a little canvas bag with the name of the brand and collection it (which my cat immediately stole to use as a toy), and it also came with a cute little pin!  

I must say that my favourite of this collection is, without a doubt, In Teal We Trust.  It's such a beautifully rich teal which I adore!  Something To Remember is another top pick for me, because I'm a sucker for taupe shades and the shimmer in this one is absolutely beautiful.  

What are your picks?  :)

Disclaimer: The products in this post were sent to me for review and my honest opinion. 

15 comments:

  1. The whole collectionnais a real stunner! Gorgeous swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emma! these swatches are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh i love the first one *_*
    Annie todayis.de

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...