Friday, April 05, 2013

Striped Birthday Suit

Sorry, I'm awful at making titles for posts, hahaha!  It's relevant though, I promise!  Today's look is a simple double-accent nail mani; I'm kind of 'meh' about this one, but figured I'd post it anyways in hopes that maybe some of you will like it better.  


I started with a base of Essie Topless and Barefoot on my accent nails.  While that was drying, I applied three easy coats of CrowsToes Birthday Suit on most of my other nails. This shimmery nude is part of the new CrowsToes springTHIS collection, I'm almost done swatching and will have a full-collection review post up soon!  :)


On my right hand, I also have two accent nails that tie in with the colour scheme of the stripes.  My index finger is LaCC 1963, a light but bright coral, and my middle finger is a soft and pretty lilac, LaCC 1972.  


Once the base on my accent nails were dry, I applied the striped water decals from the Born Pretty Store.  They were surprisingly easy to apply, seeing as it was my first time using water decals.  They got slightly messed up at the tips, but that was due to my own clumsiness where I bumped them on my camera.  Luckily it's mostly covered by the glare on the nail in my photos, haha! 


As I said before, I'm not quite feeling this look.  I don't dislike it, but I'm not really a huge fan of it either.  I'll definitely be using the water decals as accent nails again though; I quite like them, despite the fact that they may look like stripey pyjamas!  :P

12 comments:

  1. I think this looks lovely! Glad you posted it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this manicure is cute! I love the stripes, and I love the title of this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! Those are water decals?! WHO KNEW!!!! They look so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I thought it was nail art with striping tape :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those water decals are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those decals. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...