Saturday, March 16, 2013

Guest Post: Crystal's Crazy Combos

Today's guest post comes from the lovely Crystal of Crystal's Crazy Combos!  Her blog is a constant and reliable resource for me when looking for swatches (especially of indie polishes) so of course I had to ask her to create a post for us all!  Follow the jump for the full post!





Hello Everyone!! My name is Crystal from Crystal's Crazy Combos and I am beyond excited to be here on Globe and Nail!  Emma is sweetheart and I am honored she asked me to guest post today!  I love seeing Emma's nails all over and have added plenty to my wish list because of her gorgeous swatches!

Today I have a fun tape mani using two Sinful Colors that I found on sale for $1 each!  Talk about an inexpensive mani! ;-)  Some may remember some of Sinful's mistakes in the past, but I think they are working on it and striving to do better.  I found their new Sugar Rush collection to be of great quality, and with their recent sale for $1 at my local Walgreen's, it made it an even greater deal from their normal $1.99 price point.  Even at $1.99, I think that is a great price for some gorgeous polishes!


For this mani, I started with 2 coats of Sugar N Spice topped with Clearly on Top top coat by KBShimmer polish.  I'm finding this to be a really great top coat, as it dried quickly and really gives a nice smooth finish to polish, even rough glitter!  You can purchase it for $5 for a full size HERE!  Not a bad price for a fantastic top coat!


Sugar N Spice is a gorgeous pink with a very light shimmer through it (can see in the close up below).  It applied perfectly, and almost was a 1 coater.


I waited for about 10-15 minutes to allow the polish to dry.  Since Clearly on Top is a quick dry, I was able to start use the tape, pressing lightly.  When I do a tape mani, I first stick the piece of tape to the inside of my hand to remove some of the tackiness of the tape.  I then lightly press onto the nail at a diagonal from cuticle to the free edge corner of my nail.  I do each nail individually, painting the glitter over the tape to the open free edge.  I used 1 coat of Fantasy by Sinful Colors and topped with Clearly on Top.  (I have to mention that I didn't give Fantasy enough time to dry on my middle finger and some dragged back over the Sugar N Spice.  I recommend waiting just a minute to ensure your glitter is dry!).


I love the look for these two together.  For $2 ($4 not on sale) and some tape, you could easily achieve this mani to give your nails an elegant look!  Fantasy is sheer, so I love how it Sugar N Spice peeks through.


I love the close up of Fantasy, as you can see all these gorgeous glitters in it!  It reminds me of the China Glaze Prismatic Chrome collection.


I hope you enjoyed this fun tape mani!  Another huge thank you to Emma, for allowing me to visit here today!!  Have a fantastic day!!
Much Love,
Crystal
_____

That is such a pretty combination!  I think I'm going to have to pick up a few of the Sinful Colors Sugar Rush Collection, they're so pretty!  If you don't already follow her, remember to go check out Crystal's Crazy Combos.  Thank you for the lovely post Crystal!  :)

4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...